BLACK HILLS DANCE CENTRE STUDIO POLICIES
- Regular attendance is expected.
- Arrive promptly for class.
- If a student misses a class, it is the student’s responsibility to make-up the time in another class. Tuition is not adjusted for missed classes.
- Classes are to be made up within the month they are missed.
- No student will be dismissed early from class without: A. Written permission note from a parent B. Prior telephone call from a parent C. Parental escort from the studio premises.
- Please be prompt to pick up your child after class. If a student is still waiting 15 minutes after the class is dismissed, expect to pay a child-care fee of $1.00 per minute that a faculty member must be available to watch over your dancer.
- Class cancellations due to bad weather will be announced on the studio phone.
- After dropping out of the program, BHDC always welcomes a student back.
- The level they will be enrolled in will be determined by the teacher.
- Returning students should not automatically expect to advance along with their classmates who have continued their training.
- Consult with the director about a program that will be personalized for you and Welcome Back!!
- Students who drop out of the program twice are not re-enrolled.
STUDIO GENERAL RULES
- Parent observation is by teacher approval or a designated Open House.
- Please confer with the teacher before entering the class.
- Observations in the pre-primary class are reserved to Open House/Demonstrations only. Parents in the classroom cause disruptions at this age level.
- Feel free to discuss your child’s progress with the teacher. Call for an appointment.
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful manner toward their teachers and the other students in the class.
- A separate room is provided for class preparation. Articles of value and/or cash should be brought into the studio for safekeeping.
- Gum, food, drinks (other than water) are not allowed in the studio.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the studio floor.
- Ballet: leotard, tights, ballet shoes, hair secured off the neck (bun is preferred) Skirts are allowed at the advanced level.
- Jazz: leotard, footless tights, shorts/jazz pants, jazz shoes, hair secured off neck.
- Tap: Same with tap shoes. Adv tap can wear casual clothes for easy movement.
- Modern: leotard, footless tights, jazz pants, no shoes, hair secured off neck.
- Boys: white T-shirt, black shorts or pants, black dance shoes.
- Pilates: Comfortable exercise clothes
- No jewelry – including watches
- Any student arriving for class without appropriate dancewear will be asked to observe the class.
- Tuition at BHDC is an annual fee that is paid in 9 equal monthly installments.
- Prepayment is accepted with discounts given if paid-in-full by October 31st.
- A $25 service charge is assessed for any returned checks.
- Refunds for pre-registration prior to August 31st: new students will be given a full refund minus the registration fee. Returning students will receive a full refund minus a $10.00 processing fee.
- No pre-registration refunds are given after August 31st.
- A mailbox is in the front room for tuition deposits. Cash payments should be made directly to the teacher.
- See additional information on the “Tuition” page.
Black Hills Dance Centre takes every reasonable precaution but assumes no responsibility for personal injury.